Saturday, February 25, 2006

$@#$@#Drinking@##@$

I have been thinking of writing about this for a long time now. But today I am going to say my heart out without thinking what others might say or whether it hurts them. Why do people drinik? I don't understand what are the pleasures they derive out of it. I have myself tried it sometimes but didn't get the "kick" poeple tallk about. Maybe I didn't have enough but then I didn't feel like. Why would people drink?
They may drink when they are sad. It makes them loose control for a while and have a gala time. But whats the point in doing so. If you are not satisfied with where you stand then its you who is responsible for it. It would be better option to have things sorted out instead of being in a "happy happy" state for sometime and then reverting back to where you came from. I mean what good is one night of so called "happy state". This seems to be a very coward way dealing with your troubles, not dealing rather escaping from them.
People drink when they want to say things of their heart to someone close. Poeple drink to open their mouths. What I want to say is that are you so weak or so coward that you can't face the other person in normal state. What is that you can't say when you are in full control of yourselves. If you don't like somebody, then tell him on his face, don't talk to him, but whats the point in coping with him and then resenting this relation at the end of the day. If you wanna tell anybody to go to hell then tell him at his face. No point leading a life which gives zero satisfaction. If you wanna confess something then do it when you are normal. But then you need to be brave. Most poeple dread what will others think if they would come to know these things about me. I say Why the hell u care abt them. Be brave and do what ur heart tells you and not your mind.
People drink when they wanna celebrate. Whats the point? If you wanna celebrate then do good to others. I have seen many "daaru treats". I dont see the point. If someone's happy for you them it shows in their face and not when they accompny you to your drinking spree. If you wanna celebrate, just give a call home and tell them that you are happy today. Call your sis or bro whom you love the most, even if she/he is sitting anywhere in the world, even if its 3 in the moring there, they will all be happy for you and will add to your state. If u really wanna do something "hatke" on this day, then call someone whose heart you had broken a long time a ago and you have this guilt of not breaking the ice from the then. Break this ice and you will be happier. If you want this day to be different than others then take a flight home, surprise your parents and come back the next day. Instead of spending huge sums on meaningless treats, have a simpler one and use the extra cash to ensure that someone out there who's begging for food is able to have it atleast for one day. Donate some amount when you are happy. You will never feel more satisfied. Do something for your community, something for your country, that will make a difference. If there's no tempo of doing the above stuff, then atleast watch Rang De Basanti!! I am sure it will make a difference.

I am not totally against drinking. But all this was meant for those who have started to derive pleasure out of it, or don't know the reason why they drink, but still do. Its my point of view, but will be rather interesting to know what others might have in mind.

*Although I have talked a lot, but I haven't done all the above mentioned things. This is what I think should be ideally done. I am not perfect. I try to be like above. Strictly my views. If any of you think that you are better off then I dont have a say in that. I am not asking you to change.

10 comments:

shaunak said...

lagta hai blogger.com ne daaru pilake likhne chhod diya ;)

interesting views .. if a few ppl(includeing urself :P) started thinking the way u speak of, a 'few more bulbs will be lit in this country'.

"People drink to open their mouths" .. or people open their mouths to drink ;)

and did the "hatke" thing happen ? :)

Romram said...

@Shaunak: I do what I say. Leave aside the flying to home thing, but I have done all the things mentioned to make a day "hatke" and the day I will have enough, the flying home thing will come true too...
What I suggest you is instead of giving an extravagent trt to us(or lets say me) in cal for MSR, lets go to biloos and then you can donate the sum leftover where ever you want to!!!! kyun kya bolta hain, karega??

Anonymous said...

nicely written..u feel happy for tht 2-3 hours and the next day you wake up with your head exploding !!! this daaru party funda shud be banned..instead a nice dinner at PD would be a much bettr option instead !!!

pigol

Romram said...

@golP: Thanx be!!sahi bola but samajh main kahan aata hain logo ke!!

Anonymous said...

It seems you guys want to save my money..... I dont mind treating thewing at PD :)

Aneesh

shaunak said...

thr seems to be some misinterpretation of my earlier comment :)
as for the treat .. enjoyment has its place and charity has its own .. sacrificing enjoyment for charity is not noble, its too noble.

mroe discussion offline ..

naween said...

i don't drink for other reasons. i don't want to be in a state where i don't have control over what i'm going to say. i fear i'll end up too many people then.[>:)]

having never even tasted the thing, i can't say how "happy" one feels after consuming liquor but it sure seems absurd to me when someone becomes a habitual drinker. they actually end up paying money to do harm to their own health.

Subin said...

to drink or not that is the question :-?

Anonymous said...

phunda maarta hai babua..
hum roj roj baabu logon ko teshan ke aur chod ke thak jaata hoon.. champa bhi aaj kal humse roosi hui hai.. phir bhi hum khush hoon. humra pandrah saal ka bitua iit main ghusne ka sochta hai... hum bhi kitne baar bola.. hero atlas waala rickshaw bhi chalaata nahi..
phir bhi hum khush hoon.
aap bada baabu ho... aap itna jo isme phunda likha hoon us se koi laundi pat-ti nahin hai.. isiliye aap raampaani ghat ghat kariye; rahiye baadal main; aur pheer belog likhiye
teshan chalna hai kyaa?
humra rickshaw number 333 hai
333 chaap beedi pite ho?

Romram said...

@Aneesh: dekho ITC ki trt ka level thoda sa to accha rakho.... will fiure out a nice way

@Shaunak:peace.

@Nunnu: hmmm..... and you can't waste any more health.... can you!!! :D

@Subin: a million dollar one.

@Kumar: nice innovation. keep coming!!!