Friday, March 12, 2010

Google Buzz #fail

I have hated google buzz from its very existence. I nipped the bud on the very first day.

Why? Because I thought it was a cheap twitter clone and it was made probably because Google was not able to acquire Twitter or may be the people behind it. But anyways the interface really sucked. Google has to understand that the same interface will not work at all places. If one UI works good in Email and Feed readers it might not in a micro blogging platform.

Also following people's update on one more people means more waste(?) of time. I hate wasting time. I really do. Also it would mean that i wanted to micro blog something then I will have a choice between Twitter and Google Buzz, thus adding confusion to my life, stripping it of its minimalism.

Also I really hated the idea of Google trying to take over my life by automating the the people I follow and the people who follow me. And ya imagine following celebrity people based on their emails. This would never happen. And ya taking of emails, I dont want my my email client to be filled up by people's blatter. I want to keep my work(email) separate from social networking. Integrating both of them makes me more vulnerable to wasting time.

And ya what sparked this anger. I was reading a friend's buzz that he posted on twitter and wasted to point out a google buzz fail. See this buzz . The minimized text is readable. Expand it and you will not be able to read it. Ha Ha #fail #google #buzz.

And ya if you dont know how to deactivate buzz, here are the instructions. RIP Google Buzz.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sigh!! There was a time when we loved everything that was google!!