Sunday, September 17, 2006

So True!!!!

This post tells us what we can learn from Google story. Although I haven’t read the book but I have ample idea about Google to appreciate the points. Here are my favorite ones:
  • Never compromise your ideals because someone said it’s impossible, stupid, or a waste of time.

  • Do focus on changing the world, don’t focus on the money. If you provide value, the money will come.

  • Have a healthy disregard for the impossible. If someone hasn’t done it yet, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

  • Go against the grain. Don’t believe in other people’s visions for you, believe in your own.

  • Speed is more important than looking good. A shiny, beautiful car isn’t impressive when it gets overtaken by an old jalopy; the same applies to software.

  • Focus on users above all else, e.g. don’t do something that might annoy your users just to make more money, they won’t forget.

  • Beat your own path through the wilderness.

I had been thinking of reading this for long now. Now its due next week. And ya the voice of the gadget when says, “You have got mail” is awesome. Haven’t submitted it though.

And yes, I’m quite happy today. Finally there’s a subject that I love. Cluster and Grid is the best course that I have done in 3.5 years here. I have started respecting AG sir a lot. He’s an awesome teacher. It happened yesterday that Jadda and I were watching a documentary on Windows Vista’s networking team. There were talking of the changes they had made in the networking part of their OS and half the things they talked about were the ideas that we were studying in class. This is what it should be like. I mean it felt awesome. More about this later.

No comments: